My ideas for a perfect North American Mission Board....
- I think it would be better for NAMB to start Well funded church starts with a minimum of 3 full-time staff members @ the beginning.
- Fund the church starts for at least 5 years! (I can't tell you how hard it is to see your bank account at zero and you only have 6 months left of funding.)
- Building Church Planting in the New Start's DNA. Have them start a daughter churches.
2. NAMB needs to be the Evangelism Guru's of the SBC.
I have several friends who work in the Evangelism @ NAMB. I have never been around people with such a passion for souls as them. It is frustrating and dishearting to develop an Evangelism Strategy for the SBC (THE NET) yet have Lifeway push FAITH. Nothing against FAITH but Lifeway's mission is to sell books not create evangelism strategies.
3. Provide Free Top-notch Multi-Media for small to medium sized churches.
Let's face it, usually only the mega-churches can afford top-notch media. I would welcome top-notch free video clips, powerpoints, and direct mail that would help us reach our community.
4. Continue to Dream Big.
Don't allow number crunchers to scare NAMB from trying daring ventures! I would rather fail and try then to do the same old boring things that don't win people to Jesus!
I don't have all of the ideas in the world, but I am encouraged to know at least one trustee is listening to us! I hope this is helpful.
posted by Kevin Bussey at 4/18/2006 11:08:00 PM