about me

Kevin Bussey (aka k-dawg)
Lead Pastor
Charlotte, NC, USA


Samford University: B.S. Public Administration, 1985
University of Alabama at Birmingham: M.A. Education, 1988

Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary: MDivBL, 1995


Married to:
Cassandra (6-25-88)

Children:
Jacob
Hope

quote of the week

"Pastor I don't like your plans" Bisagno, "what are your plans." man, "I don't have any." Bisagno, "I like my plans better than yours." .

Dr. John R. Bisagno:


blogs i read

marty duren
joe kennedy
art rogers
stuart delony
wade burleson
kiki cherry
david phillips
dorcas hawker
arkansas rasorbaptist
cb scott
ben cole
tim sweatman
jason sampler
mark mansheim
adam feldman
scott freeman
wes kenny
alan cross
john stickley
bowden mcelroy
c w
jamie wootten
nate goodwin
paul littleton
jeff richard young
J. A. Gillmartin
villa rica
phillips lynn
micah fries
preachin jesus
morris chapman
tim sweetman
kevin lancaster
jeremy roberts
al mohler
ronnie floyd
david rogers
sbc bloggers
greg pouncey
jason burns
howie luvzus
gary lamb
angela davis
neil elmore
jason shepherd
monday morning insight
wayne cordeiro
Southern Baptist Blog Aggregator

favorite links

dmbc
my parents ministry
starbucks
starbucks gossip
the ooze
willowcreek association
purpose driven
northpoint community church
springs church
albert pujols
shaun alexander
john maxwell
element 2
dale jarrett
bama magazine
bible gateway
biblical studies foundation

subscribe here

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Student Guru!


powered by Bloglet

listening [to]


building 429: rise


chris tomlin: live from austin music hall


various: music inspired by the chronicles of narnia


fusebox: once again


passion: How Great Is Our God


storyside:b : everything and more


delirious?: the mission bell


hillsong united: look to you



 

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Public Service for SBC Convention.

With the SBC Annual Meeting coming in Greensboro this summer I thought how I could be of service. There are many bloggers that have expertise in certain areas. Marty Duren- well he is just information central. Wade Burleson has a passion for our missionaries. Art Rogers is an expert on Roberts Rules of order and how to handle ourselves at the SBC convention. Dorcas Hawker is analysing the makeup of the various committees. Villa Rica is our resident SBC historian. Wes Kenny is our "devils advocate" (but a great guy). I thought, what can I offer to as a service to all of our "messangers" coming to my great state this June. Everyone has their expertise and this is mine. I am providing a list of Starbucks for those coming to Greensboro so you can make your hotel reservations and your route to the convention center. I would hate for someone not to have the caffine needed to vote accordingly. For those driving north through Charlotte, here are the locations: Concord, Hwy 29 1490 US Highway 29 Concord NC, 28027 Concord Mill 8111 Concord Mills Blvd Concord NC, 28027 - This one is inside the mall. Bass Pro Shop is here too! The Arbors 2121 East Arbors Drive Charlotte NC, 28262 Mallard Pointe 9211 North Tryon Street Charlotte NC, 28223 7th Street 1961 East 7th Street Charlotte NC, 28204- this is the one I witnessed to "Bill Murray" Providence Road 545 Providence Rd. Charlotte NC, 28207 - for those taking I-485 There are others in Charlotte, but they are out of your way as you travel to Greensboro. This one is on I-85 in Salisbury. Towne Creek Commons 916 East Innes Street Salisbury NC, 28145 -I had coffee there yesterday- they gave it to me free because they didn't have coffee ready. For those driving West on I-85/40: Harris Teeter-Chapel Hill #117 2110 Estes Dr Chapel Hill NC, 27514 Burlington Mall-- I've been here a few times. It is an old bank. You can sit in the vault-cool! 451 Huffman Mill Road Burlington NC, 27215 Harris Teeter-Burlington # 345 2727 Church St. Burlington NC, 27215 Target Burlington T-2037 1475 University Drive Burlington NC, 27215 For those driving East on I-40: Embassy Suites Winston-Salem 460 N Cherry St Winston-Salem NC, 27101 Stratford Road 110 Oakwood Drive Winston-Salem NC, 27103 Hanes Mall Blvd.---I've been here. Great mall. 2085 Frontis Plaza Blvd. Winston-Salem NC, 27103 Harper Hill Common 4912 Country Club Road Winston-Salem NC, 27104 Mt. Tabor Place 3331 Robinhood Road Winston-Salem NC, 27106 Greensboro/High Point area Starbucks: Shops on Battleground 1603 Battleground Avenue Greensboro NC, 27408 Golden Gate (Store/Training Center)- 2204 Golden Drive Greensboro NC, 27405 Friendly - HT- Been here too. Great location 3310 W. Friendly Ave. Greensboro NC, 27408 BI LO - Greensboro #131 2639 Lawndale Rd. Greensboro NC, 27408 Four Seasons Towne Centre-I've been here too. Next to Four Season's Hotel. Great mall for ladies! 400 Four Seasons Town Centre Greensboro NC, 27407 Battleground Village 2969 Battleground Avenue Greensboro NC, 27408 Patriots Place 516 Pisgah Church Road Greensboro NC, 27455 Guilford College 5607 W Friendly Ave Greensboro NC, 27410 Harris Teeter Greensboro #33--I've been to this one too! 701 Frances King St Greensboro NC, 27407 Shoppes at Deep River 3875 John Gordon Lane High Point NC, 27265

posted by Kevin Bussey at 4/11/2006 10:07:00 AM

18 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Bussey said...

I'm not a BBQ expert, I'm learning.

Now Starbucks--they know me by name. I'm like Norm on Cheers minus about 150 lbs

4/11/2006 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin Bussey said...

Not only do I go to Starbucks, we have a grinder and an Aroma Grande coffee maker. I have Starbucks mugs, etc...

Before anyone has a cow..I didn't buy any of them. They were all gifts. When we moved from Mobile to Charlotte, the workers there gave up there free coffee bags for the week and gave them to me and a coffee maker, mugs, mocca mix,etc....

4/11/2006 12:35:00 PM  
Blogger art rogers said...

Kevin,

You are innovative, funny and my kind of guy. Still, two things:

1. If YSBC takes a coffee break during important business at the convention, I am holding you personally accountable.

2. If anyone thinks I am an expert parlimentarian, they are nuts! I know RRO through my fraternity, which means I know it moderately better than the man on the street. Fortunately, our by laws are not hard to comprehend and all I am doing is fleshing out the practical stuff.

PS: I had Starbucks last night - Thanks to Dorcas!

4/11/2006 03:56:00 PM  
Blogger art rogers said...

I also need to add that I get emails from wise people that help me dispense the knowledge.

The stuff about Barry McCarty came from people who were there, since I was not.

I didn't want to look like I was claiming their wisdom, 'cause I'm not.

4/11/2006 05:02:00 PM  
Blogger Joe Kennedy said...

I'd get a huge kick out of a coffee fast for two weeks, if you did that, Kevin. Two weeks, no coffee. I'd want to see that. I might even pay to see it. The next reality tv-show. Kevin Without Coffee

4/11/2006 05:39:00 PM  
Blogger Wes Kenney said...

But what about those who might prefer another brand of coffee, like Folger's Crystals, for example?




Sorry, that's horrible. Just trying to keep up my devil's advocate image.

There is another public service you might provide: I'll be staying at the AmeriSuites - Greesnboro Wendover; it's at 1619 Stanley Road. The only thing I'll want to know on Tuesday morning at 6:00, after that 45-minute (ahem) Young Leader's meeting the night before is where is the nearest Krispy Kreme?

4/11/2006 06:27:00 PM  
Blogger Jamie Wootten said...

26 Starbuck's listed! Man that is not fair. I've got three and their all at least 30-45 minutes away.

Thou shalt not covet, thou shalt not covet...

4/11/2006 07:08:00 PM  
Blogger Marty Duren said...

Kevin-
You are the man!

What a list; wonder if it will fit in my pocket...

4/11/2006 08:23:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin Bussey said...

Joe,

Not going to happen.

Wes,

Here are your Krispy Kreme's

Greensboro
2401 Battleground Ave.
Greensboro, NC 27408 US
Phone: 336-540-1594

Greensboro
3704 High Point Road
Greensboro, NC 27407
Phone: 336 854-8275


Greensboro
3704 High Point Road
Greensboro, NC 27407
Phone: 336-854-8275

Jamie,

There are even more in Charlotte, I just listed the ones on I-85 or I-485.

4/11/2006 10:40:00 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

Art -

Is there a rule about food and drink in the convention hall? If you don't want YSBC leaving at inopportune moments, maybe we need several camping coolers filled with store-bought Starbucks frappucinos or the like.

Or maybe we need to elect Art to be President of the Convention for next year and he can put Starbucks breaks into the Order of Business.

4/11/2006 11:07:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin Bussey said...

Dorcas,

There better not be. I will bring Starbucks in a flask if I need to :)

4/11/2006 11:13:00 PM  
Blogger Alan Cross said...

Krispy Kreme and Starbucks - we're all going to be too wired to vote anyway!

4/11/2006 11:16:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin Bussey said...

Alan,

Maybe we can get Starbucks and Krispy Kreme to sponsor the Young Leaders gathering!

4/11/2006 11:18:00 PM  
Blogger Micah Fries said...

^^^^^^John S.- Since you and I will be rooming together in Greensboro it's good to know that neither of us likes coffee! Although Starbucks hot chocolate rocks!

4/12/2006 01:31:00 AM  
Blogger art rogers said...

Dorcas,

Brilliant idea to bring a cooler with the Starbucks!!! It's the genius invention that keeps hot things hot and cold things cold and will serve us well.

I perceive you have the gifts of hospitatlity and encouragement.

Not discernment, though, if you were serious about electing me to president of the SBC.

I take it you were joking about that, though.

4/12/2006 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger Bowden McElroy said...

Kevin,

With posts like this, it doesn't take much to see you're really a student/college minister at heart.

4/12/2006 01:04:00 PM  
Blogger David Phillips said...

Man...

I wish I liked coffee...I'd have so many places to go while in the great state of NC. Now the KK's are a nice addition KB. Thanks for that info!

4/12/2006 04:56:00 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

haha! now, this is great, bro!

hey, any linkage to local coffee shops? i'm sure there have to be SOME in the greensboro area...

4/12/2006 06:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

get to know me

article in local paper
i am recovering pharisee
origin of k-dawg


Reading Now

The Cure for the Common Life
by Max Lucado



Recent Reads

The Creative Leader: Unleashing the Power of Your Creative Potential
by Ed Young Jr.


Your Spritual Gifts Can Help Your Church Grow
by C. Peter Wagner



Why Men Hate Going to Church
by David Murrow


Advanced Strategic Planning: A New Model for Church and Ministry Leaders
by Aubrey Malphurs



must reads


The Next Generation Leader: Five Essentials for Those Who Will Shape the Future
by Andy Stanley


Choosing to Cheat : Who Wins When Family and Work Collide?
by Andy Stanley


The Best Question Ever
by Andy Stanley


Radical Reformission, The: Reaching Out without Selling Out
by Mark Driscoll


A New Kind of Christian: A Tale of Two Friends on a Spiritual Journey
by Brian McLaren


The Story We Find Ourselves In: Further Adventures of a New Kind of Christian by Brian McLaren


Too Busy Not to Pray: Slowing Down to Be With God
by Bill Hybels


A Passionate Church
by Mike Breen and Walt Kallenstad


A Passionate Life
by Mike Breen and Walt Kallenstad



Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality
by Donald Miller


Searching for God Knows What
by Donald Miller



Spiritual Leadership: Moving People to God's Agenda
by Henry Blackaby, Richard Blackaby


previous posts

Anticipation......
What is Revival?
Nuke plant loses keys.....
Must Read......
Jesus may have walked on ice?
Second edition of Younger Leaders Summit set for G...
Props to the Executive Committee...
More Church police
The hardest words to say....
Hills and Valleys of our faith.........

creative commons
Subscribe with Bloglines Blogarama - The Blogs Directory Add to My Yahoo! Southern Baptist Blog
Aggregator Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


My blog is worth $18,065.28.
How much is your blog worth?

Find me on MySpace and be my friend!
&