about me

Kevin Bussey (aka k-dawg)
Lead Pastor
Charlotte, NC, USA


Samford University: B.S. Public Administration, 1985
University of Alabama at Birmingham: M.A. Education, 1988

Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary: MDivBL, 1995


Married to:
Cassandra (6-25-88)

Children:
Jacob
Hope

quote of the week

"Pastor I don't like your plans" Bisagno, "what are your plans." man, "I don't have any." Bisagno, "I like my plans better than yours." .

Dr. John R. Bisagno:


blogs i read

marty duren
joe kennedy
art rogers
stuart delony
wade burleson
kiki cherry
david phillips
dorcas hawker
arkansas rasorbaptist
cb scott
ben cole
tim sweatman
jason sampler
mark mansheim
adam feldman
scott freeman
wes kenny
alan cross
john stickley
bowden mcelroy
c w
jamie wootten
nate goodwin
paul littleton
jeff richard young
J. A. Gillmartin
villa rica
phillips lynn
micah fries
preachin jesus
morris chapman
tim sweetman
kevin lancaster
jeremy roberts
al mohler
ronnie floyd
david rogers
sbc bloggers
greg pouncey
jason burns
howie luvzus
gary lamb
angela davis
neil elmore
jason shepherd
monday morning insight
wayne cordeiro
Southern Baptist Blog Aggregator

favorite links

dmbc
my parents ministry
starbucks
starbucks gossip
the ooze
willowcreek association
purpose driven
northpoint community church
springs church
albert pujols
shaun alexander
john maxwell
element 2
dale jarrett
bama magazine
bible gateway
biblical studies foundation

subscribe here

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Student Guru!


powered by Bloglet

listening [to]


building 429: rise


chris tomlin: live from austin music hall


various: music inspired by the chronicles of narnia


fusebox: once again


passion: How Great Is Our God


storyside:b : everything and more


delirious?: the mission bell


hillsong united: look to you



 

Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Wade...............

In honor of the The Academy Awards or Oscars, I have now started the 1st Annual Academy of Southern Baptist Blog Awards or the The WADE! This is in honor of Wade Burleson, Pastor of Emmanuel Baptist Church in Enid, OK who has displayed courage, vision and integrity in regards to the controversy regarding private prayer language and baptism polices for the SBC International Mission Board. So lets have some fun! 1. Best design in a blog- Joe Kennedy- He has designed half of our blogs! 2. Best Writing- Tim Sweatman - He has a great way with words that is short, to the point and very insightful! There were many other excellent candidates and the committee had a difficult time deciding. 3. Best Visual Effects - Howie Luvzus- he always has great photos that make us laugh 4. Best Drama- Tom Ascol- Wow! His post on Johnny Hunt for SBC President brought out Steve Camp, Ergun Caner, and Emir Caner debating Calvanism. The Drama was better than Law and Order! 5. Best Supporting Female Blogger- Dorcas Hawker- she is an attorney who makes insightful comments on various blogs. 6. Best Female Blogger in a Lead Role- Kiki Cherry- She always has wise words that we bonehead men need to hear. 7. Best Supporting Male Blogger- Art Rogers- Art is reletively new to the blogsphere but he is one that I would want protecting my back! His tenacity is contagious! 8. Best Male Blogger in a Lead Role- Marty Duren- Who else? His insight and perspective have led this Young Leader Revolution. 9. Best Blog- Marty Duren- the 1st repeat winner. Who else could win. His is the most read blog in SBC life! 10. Life Time Achievement Award- Our Missionaries- You are the real hero's and we appreciate what you do!

posted by Kevin Bussey at 3/02/2006 11:34:00 AM

14 Comments:

Blogger Joe Kennedy said...

It was an honor just to be nominated!

3/02/2006 02:25:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin Bussey said...

Don't be so modest Joe!

3/02/2006 02:29:00 PM  
Blogger Marty Duren said...

Does this mean I have to rent a tux?

Thanks dude, I'd like to thank *God*, my parents, my wife and kids, my church, Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye, Kid Rock, Jerry Orbach (did you know he did the voice of Lumierre in Beauty and the Beast), my producers and directors, Coldplay, Collective Soul, Kansas, Chris Tomlin, David Crowder, iTunes, and the makers of No-Doz.

3/02/2006 02:37:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin Bussey said...

Marty,

Don't have a long acceptance speech or we might have to turn off the microphone! Or you could be like Sally Fields and say "you love me, you really love me!"

3/02/2006 02:40:00 PM  
Blogger wadeburleson.org said...

Well shoot Kdawg,

Had I been given any early warning of this annual event I would have lent you a better picture than the one you pasted on the body of Oscar.

By the way, that cartoonish sketch (which I happen to think is pretty good) was done by the artist for the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship in Oklahoma as he lampooned me for being a Fundamentalist? Go figure.

The Liberals are calling me a Fundamentalist and the Fundamentalists are calling me a Liberal. I like them all, but I can't get em to like me --- yet.

Sorry, I digress.

Thanks Kdawg! Please let Marty "Bull" Duren know I expect both his Wades to be on his firelace mantle when I visit him someday.

3/02/2006 03:34:00 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

Wow! I don't know what to say. I didn't even prepare a speech. I would like to thank my blog mentor who introduced me to blogging and to SBC Outpost. I would like to thank Wade Burleson, this award's namesake, for establishing my credibility through the Solomon Award, I would like to thank ... {ten minutes later} ... I would like to thank my internet service provider, the electric company, Thomas Edison ...

3/02/2006 06:01:00 PM  
Blogger Kiki Cherry said...

To all my fans:

I'll be signing autographs at Greensboro for 50c/word. If you want me to write some sappy comment about you being my best friend forever, it'll cost you.

Hey--we MSC people have got to make a living somehow!!!!! : )

3/02/2006 09:04:00 PM  
Blogger art rogers said...

Thank you. Wow. You think you know what you're going to say, but then the sweat hits and you're just looking at all these people.

Would you believe me if I told you I was at a loss for words?

Me either.

Hillarious, Kev.

3/02/2006 09:30:00 PM  
Blogger Joe Kennedy said...

I'll sign your Bible as if I wrote it. Only $3.25. I'm just a poor seminary student.

3/02/2006 10:40:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin Bussey said...

Wade,

I can relate to the name calling.

Dorcas,

if your speech went more than 10 min. the mic. would have been cut off.

Kiki,

If this helps you make $ go for it!

Art,

No, I don't believe you are at a loss for words.

Joe,

That's funny!

3/02/2006 10:48:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin Bussey said...

Award, you don't need no stinkin award :)

3/02/2006 11:37:00 PM  
Blogger Joe Kennedy said...

neil, i give you the best "completely uninvolved in the IMB affirs" award.

how are things going?

3/02/2006 11:51:00 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

Let's see, Kiki is charging 50 cents a word, Joe is charging $3.25 for a signed Bible. I had my autograph book all ready to go for the convention ... I better save up my nickles and dimes now. Assuming it takes about five minutes a person to sign autographs and have a proper chat with adoring fans, and factoring in my hourly rate, I guess I'll be charging $12.00 each. Got to make up that billable time lost for the trip to Greensboro after all.

Oh, and Kdawg, you can turn off the microphone, you can go to commercial, you can cut the lights, but I shall finish my speech. :)

3/03/2006 12:01:00 AM  
Blogger Tim Sweatman said...

I am truly honored. Unlike some of you money-grubbers, I'm not going to charge for autographs or words of wisdom. Not because I'm not greedy, but because it would be a waste of time. Since my writing is so "short" and "to the point" I wouldn't make any money if I charged by the word!

3/03/2006 03:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

get to know me

article in local paper
i am recovering pharisee
origin of k-dawg


Reading Now

The Cure for the Common Life
by Max Lucado



Recent Reads

The Creative Leader: Unleashing the Power of Your Creative Potential
by Ed Young Jr.


Your Spritual Gifts Can Help Your Church Grow
by C. Peter Wagner



Why Men Hate Going to Church
by David Murrow


Advanced Strategic Planning: A New Model for Church and Ministry Leaders
by Aubrey Malphurs



must reads


The Next Generation Leader: Five Essentials for Those Who Will Shape the Future
by Andy Stanley


Choosing to Cheat : Who Wins When Family and Work Collide?
by Andy Stanley


The Best Question Ever
by Andy Stanley


Radical Reformission, The: Reaching Out without Selling Out
by Mark Driscoll


A New Kind of Christian: A Tale of Two Friends on a Spiritual Journey
by Brian McLaren


The Story We Find Ourselves In: Further Adventures of a New Kind of Christian by Brian McLaren


Too Busy Not to Pray: Slowing Down to Be With God
by Bill Hybels


A Passionate Church
by Mike Breen and Walt Kallenstad


A Passionate Life
by Mike Breen and Walt Kallenstad



Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality
by Donald Miller


Searching for God Knows What
by Donald Miller



Spiritual Leadership: Moving People to God's Agenda
by Henry Blackaby, Richard Blackaby


previous posts

My dream for Greensboro 06!
Fore.................
The "L" word.....
Program or vision?
Nip it in the bud............
Caption this......
Questions about the IMB Baptism Policy?
Why all of the venom?
I am fashion challenged!
A moment on the lips........

creative commons
Subscribe with Bloglines Blogarama - The Blogs Directory Add to My Yahoo! Southern Baptist Blog
Aggregator Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


My blog is worth $18,065.28.
How much is your blog worth?

Find me on MySpace and be my friend!
&