about me

Kevin Bussey (aka k-dawg)
Lead Pastor
Charlotte, NC, USA


Samford University: B.S. Public Administration, 1985
University of Alabama at Birmingham: M.A. Education, 1988

Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary: MDivBL, 1995


Married to:
Cassandra (6-25-88)

Children:
Jacob
Hope

quote of the week

"Pastor I don't like your plans" Bisagno, "what are your plans." man, "I don't have any." Bisagno, "I like my plans better than yours." .

Dr. John R. Bisagno:


blogs i read

marty duren
joe kennedy
art rogers
stuart delony
wade burleson
kiki cherry
david phillips
dorcas hawker
arkansas rasorbaptist
cb scott
ben cole
tim sweatman
jason sampler
mark mansheim
adam feldman
scott freeman
wes kenny
alan cross
john stickley
bowden mcelroy
c w
jamie wootten
nate goodwin
paul littleton
jeff richard young
J. A. Gillmartin
villa rica
phillips lynn
micah fries
preachin jesus
morris chapman
tim sweetman
kevin lancaster
jeremy roberts
al mohler
ronnie floyd
david rogers
sbc bloggers
greg pouncey
jason burns
howie luvzus
gary lamb
angela davis
neil elmore
jason shepherd
monday morning insight
wayne cordeiro
Southern Baptist Blog Aggregator

favorite links

dmbc
my parents ministry
starbucks
starbucks gossip
the ooze
willowcreek association
purpose driven
northpoint community church
springs church
albert pujols
shaun alexander
john maxwell
element 2
dale jarrett
bama magazine
bible gateway
biblical studies foundation

subscribe here

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Student Guru!


powered by Bloglet

listening [to]


building 429: rise


chris tomlin: live from austin music hall


various: music inspired by the chronicles of narnia


fusebox: once again


passion: How Great Is Our God


storyside:b : everything and more


delirious?: the mission bell


hillsong united: look to you



 

Friday, August 19, 2005

Winning with People part II

Let's face it we can't make in life without people. Relationships are a gigantic part of our lives. I have been blessed with Godly people in my life. My wife Cassandra completes me because I have many weaknesses that she steps in and takes care of. I appreciate her heart for people and especially God. She is a great mother and friend. My children are special to me. They bring great joy in my life. I am grateful that they both have a relationship with Jesus. I was blessed to be brought up in a Godly home. My parents have worked in ministry all of their adult lives. They still are making a difference in the world for Christ. I am who I am because of their influence on me. I am grateful for my brother Tim and sister Jenn. They both love God and serve him in their local churches. I am grateful for friends like Carlton Bradshaw in Jacksonville, NC who helped start the youth ministry WOW with me in 1996. He is a great friend and has added value to my life. We still talk via the phone on a regular basis. What a talent and Godly man he is! I thank God for the impact Dr. Bob Horner had on me as a young businessman struggling with going into ministry. He gave me my first opportunity to preach. I am grateful to Lyndon Smith, one of the Godliest men I know who was a Man's man- a Marine and loved God and helped me in my ministry in NC! Barry Templeton was a great friend in NC also. I am thankful for Shay Thomas, my secretary @ PCBC for 3 years. She is a Godly person and has been a great friend to our family. What a prayer warrior she is. I miss Claire Mae Van Brink @ PCBC. She is the best preschool minister in the biz. She has a contagious personality and has been a great friend to me and Cassandra. Thanks to Mr. Kim Faucette who helped get the money from PCBC to allow me to start a church. I miss Joe and Cheryl Barron. Joe was my boss @ PCBC and a great person. They are big supporters who have made a difference in my family. I am grateful for Larry Bateman whose organiztional skills helped me as a singles minister. Thomas Hammond is a wildman. I have never met a person with the passion for leading people to Christ. He also would put me in my place when I needed it. That is a true friend. Jason Burns has been a great friend for years. I wouldn't have gotten the Bridge Church off the ground without him. Stuart and Miriam Delony made an unbelievable sacrifice to help us start the Bridge. They took no salary and worked their tails off! I can never repay them. Ryan Dean was the best worship leader I have ever seen. He is a great guy and I miss him. Russ Shoup and his family have been awesome friends. He is another former Marine I want with me. Rick and Susan Flannagan have been great friends to our family also. I am grateful for Brad (Soupie) Campbell and his work @ FBTC. He works above and beyond the call of duty. I learn a lot from him about relationships. Angela Davis is a great helper in our ministry too. Thanks for the website work and all you do in our ministry. John Morgan accepted me from the day I came. He has been a great friend. Brad Johnson and Andrew Clemmons are grately missed. They have so much talent. Anthony Martinez has been a great friend and mentor. Neal Elmore and Melanie Kennedy are growing in their servanthood and I appreciate them also. What can I say about Steve and Dana Harbin. They have bailed me out in more ways than I can say! Thanks! Guy and Karen Foster have helped greatly also. I miss Ken Nuss, he is a great friend and what a talent. I appreciate Joe Kennedy's passion for ministry. God will do a lot thru him. I appreciate Jerry and Chris Vice for being friends to our family. Thanks Chris, for being there for Cass. Carla and Tim Howell are awesome friends and we love them! Margret and John Keel will do anything in the world for you and for that I'm grateful. I know there are others who have changed my life for the better. I will have to add to this list. I am grateful to God for what a difference for the GOOD these people have made in my life!

posted by Kevin Bussey at 8/19/2005 01:15:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

get to know me

article in local paper
i am recovering pharisee
origin of k-dawg


Reading Now

The Cure for the Common Life
by Max Lucado



Recent Reads

The Creative Leader: Unleashing the Power of Your Creative Potential
by Ed Young Jr.


Your Spritual Gifts Can Help Your Church Grow
by C. Peter Wagner



Why Men Hate Going to Church
by David Murrow


Advanced Strategic Planning: A New Model for Church and Ministry Leaders
by Aubrey Malphurs



must reads


The Next Generation Leader: Five Essentials for Those Who Will Shape the Future
by Andy Stanley


Choosing to Cheat : Who Wins When Family and Work Collide?
by Andy Stanley


The Best Question Ever
by Andy Stanley


Radical Reformission, The: Reaching Out without Selling Out
by Mark Driscoll


A New Kind of Christian: A Tale of Two Friends on a Spiritual Journey
by Brian McLaren


The Story We Find Ourselves In: Further Adventures of a New Kind of Christian by Brian McLaren


Too Busy Not to Pray: Slowing Down to Be With God
by Bill Hybels


A Passionate Church
by Mike Breen and Walt Kallenstad


A Passionate Life
by Mike Breen and Walt Kallenstad



Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality
by Donald Miller


Searching for God Knows What
by Donald Miller



Spiritual Leadership: Moving People to God's Agenda
by Henry Blackaby, Richard Blackaby


previous posts

Therapy
Control or not to control?
Road Trip
Staying out of stuff
Silence
Emily
Dennis The Menice
Random Thoughts
Confession
Spiritual Apathy

creative commons
Subscribe with Bloglines Blogarama - The Blogs Directory Add to My Yahoo! Southern Baptist Blog
Aggregator Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


My blog is worth $18,065.28.
How much is your blog worth?

Find me on MySpace and be my friend!
&